Sunday, August 23, 2009

score.

I was perusing my thrift store this week and there was this chair. No tag. No price. So I walked up to the front and inquired. They guy slipped from behind the counter and walked over to the chair. He spun it (it spins!), poked at it, and turned to me and said " seven dollars."

What you don't see here is the plaid fabric that was covering the seat. So I wasn't fully aware of how much of the chair HAD BEEN SPRAY-PAINTED with navy blue paint.




But anyway, $7?

SOLD!

So here is my new chair. I thought about re-upholstering it myself, but who am I kidding? I like to think myself as crafty, but I'm not really THAT crafty. So I'm going to contact a local upholsterer person and get a quote.

The question I ask of you...what color? I mean, I like the yellow. But I'm thinking a charcoal grey. Tweedish. I have no idea what to do. Help.

2 comments:

KidTaster said...

Total score. I think charcoal will look awesome.

anniebel said...

Haha! Maybe that's what I could do with my ugly orange chairs. Spray paint!! I think charcoal or tweedy would look great! Dark colors with little kids probably would be a wiser choice than yellow!!