Monday, December 21, 2009

Burlington is beautiful this time of year. The other night, I met some wonderful ladies out for dinner, and was reminded how much I enjoy Christmas in Vermont.





It's like Christmas lives here. Hibernating during the warmer seasons, then when the days darken and the cold starts to bite, it awakens to light the night with twinkles and warm our noses with the smells of cloves and cider. Every year I love it, and every year I dismay that it is over so quickly. Once the presents are opened and the ornaments packed away, there is still three (sometimes four) more months until Spring. Luckily, downtown, and actually a lot of residents, leave their lights up all winter. I'm not sure if it's because it's just too damn cold to take them down.



But perhaps it's that I'm not the only one who thinks little points of light peeking from behind bare branches and glowing under blankets of snow, make Winter a little more magical. And perhaps a little more bearable.

Happy Holidays! We're off to DC for a White Christmas, so posting will be light. Hope everyone has a safe and joyous New Year...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It really is pretty. Leunigs, eh? We ended up at Blue Cat, which I highly recommend if you can tolerate really good steak, which is pretty much all they have.