Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tinkerin'

I've been waiting for someone to take me up on my offer...but my inbox lay empty. Then a few days ago, an old friend from Blacksburg sent me this cute pic of his boys. Lovin' the subject matter, but not so much the washed out appearance, he asked to see what I could do.



This was quite a challenge. The shutter speed must have been a little long, as the youngest is a little blurry (something I have plenty of experience with...and if there is a trick to fix it, I don't know it) and generally overexposed. I must admit I do better with under exposed than over. And even after some adjustments, that white sunlight on the left was always blarring...totally distracting. But after a little fiddling and some touch up, this is what I got. Hope they like it!

This was the first one. It's a little saturated in color, and wasn't sure about it...



So I converted to Black and White and fiddled a little more...



Hmmm...I kinda felt like the oven was the focal point. Back to the drawing board. This time I dodged around the wash out and warmed up the colors as well...



Perhaps Black and White?



I finally decided that the second round looked best, but I should desaturate the colors...I think this final one is my favorite. 




If anyone else has anything for me...email to ksunger@yahoo.com

No comments: