Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Figured I'd better post something and get that basketball post to scroll down. Needless to say, things did not turn out too well. However, the Hokies just beat Georgia Tech (wish I could have said the same thing about the football team) and remain in the top 25. Still looking good.

Since my last post, Grandma came to visit while Jay was away on business. She was worried she was spoiling Sam, but really, she was spoiling me. I actually got to knit and take a bath and even go to the bathroom when I had to! Luxuries for sure. Aunt Danielle also came for a few days. She was hoping to hit the slopes but windchills of -25 and 40 mph gusts had her thinking better of it.

Sam will be 8 weeks old tomorrow! Wow, the time has flown by. Looking at the old pictures of him, he has definitely changed. I think what he's gained in chub, he's lost in hair. His head is getting pretty patchy. He's legs are getting really strong and he likes to stand, then sit and push back up to standing. And he's gotten control of his arms! Resulting in his fist constantly being shoved in his mouth. I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before he finds his thumb. And the fist has already become more popular than the pacifier. Of course, you don't have to hunt under the couch and in the cushions for a fist. There's an upside to everything.

Our big news is that we have put an offer in on a house! It is a "For Sale by Owner" and has been verbally accepted. We are still waiting for the official signed paperwork from the owner, so it's not set in stone. But I think we're pretty safe. It's a tiny little thing, but in a fabulous neighborhood. It's going to be hard to move from this big old victorian into a little ranch, but it should turn out to be a great investment. Especially once we do a little work.

Right now, it's not much to look at



But once we're done...we hope it will look a little more like this



If it will be possible and how much that will cost is another story. But we'll chip away at it, and of course keep you all posted on the progress. If it all goes through, we'll close te beginning of April.

Wish us luck! I'll end with a picture of Grandma and Sam...you can't see much of Grandma, so hopefully she doesn't mind (I inherited my dislike of myself in pictures from my mother.)



We miss you mom!

No comments: