Monday, April 12, 2010

shaken out...

Can you tell I was feeling a little stressed out? Well, apparently whining and complaining works because yesterday I got an email from our neighborhood preschool and?! Yay! Starting in June Sam will be spending Tuesday and Thursday mornings with qualified, enthusiastic and amazing people and a gaggle of little ones. They have an indoor sand pit! And a tree house. And Thursday? Is Bread day! So he'll get to bake bread once a week if he so chooses. And I bet they don't get grumpy about a mess like I can. And it probably tastes better too.

I am already fantasizing about what I will do with these little chunks of time. Perhaps actually break out the sewing machine?! Holy cow, read a book! Like a good book. Not a book about the calming effects of Baroque music on small children. Maybe my garden will actually stay somewhat weed free this year.

I'm also very excited for Sam. He needs a little more time with other little dudes. And the child-led curriculum and play-based learning will be a great fit for him. It's such a "Yes!" atmosphere there, and sometimes I feel like our home has become too much of a "NO!" place. I also can't wait to hear how he is when I'm not around. And who he chooses for his buddies. I've had him here with me for 3 years and I think it's finally time he has a place that's just his. It will give us things to talk about. Oh man, he'll have stories to tell me! This will be wonderful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for both you and Sam. It will be good for both of you. Sam will have lots to tell grandma and grandpa during our video chats.

Love,
Mom