Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tis the season...

Well, it's been so long since I did an update that we got better, and are now sick again. Well, at least Sam is. J is lucky to be out West on business so he is not exposed to the icky rattling cough coming from a very uncomfortable little boy. I don't think it's anything too serious, just a chest cold, but I'm keeping my eye on it. No fever or anything. And the only time he's really miserable is right after waking up. He's never had a cough before and I think it's throwing him for a loop. He'll be laughing, which triggers a little cough fit, which then makes him cry. It's really heartbreaking. We've been nestled together on the couch most of the day watching some Winnie the Pooh. I have to admit the added cuddle-time and hugs are kinda nice. Is that horrible? That I love the increase in sweetness that occurs with the increase in mucus? And that he has been lying still for more than 7 seconds? But believe me, I would have him running around like a banshee, throwing wood blocks at the dog if it would get that raspy wet cough to go away.

But since that doesn't work, I'm more than happy to indulge the hugs.

No comments: