Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ramble

It's been a boring couple weeks since I got back from DC and the wonderful baby shower at my parent's house. It was so nice to see everybody and want to thank all of you that traveled to be there and for all the cute stuff!

I started a new job on Thursday at a the main office of a local bank. It's mostly data entry, so not too exciting. I'll be there for 5 weeks, after that, I think I may hang up my working shoes until the baby is born. I feel like there is still so much to do, and that should give me a good month to get all my ducks in a row. Working isn't neccessarily a hinderance to accomplishing things, but on my first day I found out that my new office has a policy of no internet...at all...not even on lunch. So I won't be able to check the local classifieds for used cribs or shop for my diaper stash or research all the countless things there are to research.

Also, I won't be able to blog. I often blogged on lunch breaks when I'm working. So it may be a little dry around here for a while. Not that it's been a flurry of activity.

J gets back tomorrow! He's been in Portland, Oregon for the past week. He had to visit a vendor out there, but also, our friend Matt got married last night. As a result, J got to go to Matt's wedding on the company! Couldn't have worked out any better. But I've missed him around here. Unfortunately he will be off again in a week and a half to San Diego for 6 days. But luckily my folks are visiting next weekend and my mom plans to hang around a little while during his absence. It's too bad I'll be working, but at least we live walking distance to downtown, so she can explore a little.

Sorry for the boring post, I felt like it had been too long so I'd better put something up, especially since my internet access is going to see a dip. I think tomorrow I'll head to bookstore and get something to read on my lunch break...what are you supposed to do for an hour at a bank? It only takes 15 minutes to eat.

Another reason I need new book is because I am avoiding the TV. Between the 5 year anniversary of 9/11, the year anniversary of Katrina and my raging hormones, TV is an adventure in depressed sobbing and anxiety. I'm not saying 'ignorance is bliss' but sometimes, 'ignorance makes me not cry.' So I'm not partaking in the national mourning ritual of reliving it all via Tom Brokaw, Discovery Channel, CNN, History Channel, HBO...I was there the first time around, glued to the TV. But that was because it was happening, right then, and I had a want of everything to be ok and wanted to see it get better. I saw it through and I still watch the progress of recovery, but I don't need a retrospective. Retrospectives are related to fun stuff, like weddings videos or High School classmates...not widespread death.

Anyway I guess I'm off to bed. Hopefully when I wake up my fingers and toes will be back to their normal size. I fear the bloat has begun. I was happy I haven't developed any stretch marks, but then I spoke with some ladies and appparently they don't show up until the last few weeks. So I have a long way to go. But I'm still slathering on the lotion, though I know they say it doesn't actually do anything.

I will end with a picture of Tubbs!



Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Linda said...

hey there... Sounds like your shower was a real suprise! Try using cocoa butter on your belly that seems to work the best... not that I know lol.

MarylandMommy said...

So glad you had a great time at your baby shower! I had fun seeing everyone~wish we all lived a little closer.

Oh, I thought of some more names for you:

Baron
Myles
Corbin
Tate
Benson
Spencer
Calvin
Finigan or Finley
Wendell
Maverick
Liam
Abner
Sebastian
Peter
August (Gus)
Harvey
Will
Zander
Drake
Harrison
Stone
Thad
Tiger
Murdock
Thor

Oh wait, how about?

Yak (your mom backwards)
Derf (your dad backwards)

Wait, I got it:

Jaystin

Ok, I am all out of ideas! Ha!